Innovating From The Get-Go with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald
Dr. Kara Fitzgerald is our perfect example of a practitioner-scientist.
Her career has been out-of-the-box from the beginning. Consulting with clinicians from around the world in the laboratory setting helped her embrace telemedicine early on and broaden her practice beyond her local community.
She has been actively engaged in clinical research on the methylome using diet and lifestyle interventions. She is also on the faculty at IFM, runs a Functional Medicine Clinic Immersion program for professionals, is the podcast host of ‘New Frontiers in Functional Medicine’, and lectures globally.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Kara’s extraordinary journey in naturopathic and functional medicine, authorship, and research.
- How steady commitment and joint efforts can change the global paradigm of medicine
- How Kara has been able to challenge the “normal” way of doing things.
- A few pieces of advice to new functional medicine practitioners.
- How your practice’s website is your storefront today.
- Epigenetics and DNA methylation.