The Powerful Effects of Detox, Fasting, and Natural Medicines with Dr. Alejandro Junger
Dr. Alejandro Junger is a New York Times best-selling author and founder of health and wellness company CLEAN. A Uruguayan-born cardiologist and Functional Medicine practitioner, Dr. Junger is known for working with A-list celebrities, and countless other patients seeking to restore the balance of health.
Dubbed as “The Father of Detox”, Dr. Junger has had firsthand experience in the powerful effects of detox, fasting, and natural medicines on our gut health and overall wellness.
After being diagnosed with multiple ailments that were not completely addressed by traditional treatments, Dr. Junger went on a journey to look at alternative treatments, including Ayurvedic medicine.
He completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine at NYU Downtown Hospital and a fellowship in cardiovascular diseases at Lenox Hill Hospital before studying eastern medicine in India.
Dr. Junger’s journey to regaining his health was such an illuminating and transformative experience that it inspired him to share what he learned with others, and to help establish what has become the CLEAN movement.
His wellness company CLEAN launched in 2009, alongside his book of the same name, with a mission to help create achievable long-lasting health using ancient and modern wellness tools.
What started as a personal discovery for Dr. Junger has become a wellness game-changer for countless people yearning for the right tools and methods to dramatically improve their health.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Dr. Junger’s journey in studying and practicing traditional medicine
- How his personal health issues led him into a 15 year journey looking into alternative treatments, and studying eastern and Ayurvedic medicine
- How he learned about the benefits of detoxing
- The serendipitous moment that led him to write his first bestselling book
- What made him decide to leave his hospital practice
- How Dr. Junger created the CLEAN program and his wellness company of the same name
- The key role of genetics in promoting health and wellness
- The future of functional, integrative medicine and nutrition