Changing the Paradigm of Probiotics with Kiran Krishnan
Kiran Krishnan is a Research Microbiologist who is one of the world’s leading experts on probiotics. He has been involved in the dietary supplement and nutrition market for over 18 years, and his early works involved hands-on R&D in molecular medicine and microbiology. He comes from a strict research background, having designed and conducted dozens of human clinical trials in human nutrition.
Kiran is a co-founder and partner in Nu Science Trading; a nutritional technology development, research and marketing company in the U.S. Most recently, Kiran is acting as the Chief Scientific Officer at Physician’s Exclusive and Microbiome Labs. He has developed over 50 private label nutritional products for small to large brands.
Kiran is also on the Scientific Advisory Board for 5 other companies in the industry, where he continues to offer his extensive knowledge and practical application of the latest science on the human microbiome as it relates to health and wellness.
He is a frequent lecturer on the Human Microbiome at Medical and Nutrition Conferences, and has been a guest speaker on several Health Summits as a microbiome expert. He is currently involved in 9 novel human clinical trials on probiotics and the human microbiome.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- How Kiran’s curiosity, healthy level of cynicism, and diverse cultural background at a young age led him to pursue medicine
- How his parents inspired him to be an innovative thinker and to explore the biological sciences
- What influenced him to study microbiology
- The translational gap between the academic world and the real world
- How Kiran helped shift the view of how the supplement industry conducts research
- The story and vision behind Microbiome Labs
- Principles he lives by in running his company
- The future of the probiotics space
- The role of genetics in the future of health
- The important interplay between genetics and biology