The State of Medicine: Understanding the Paradigm Shift with Dr. Mark Hyman
Dr. Mark Hyman came into the world of functional medicine through a different door.
The personal experience of what it is to be really ill and what it means to actually recover remains his number one motivator for being a functional medicine evangelist. He had to literally learn from the inside out how his body worked to bring it back to life.
Dr. Hyman is an internationally recognized leader, best-selling author, speaker, educator and a practicing family physician. In today’s episode we were lucky enough to have him share some of his wisdom, and to listen to deep reflections that make us dream on where the world of functional medicine is headed to.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Mark Hyman’s work and how he discovered functional medicine
- Views on the complexity of human health
- The state of medicine: understanding the paradigm shift.
- How Mark has been able to translate the functional medicine message to the general public
- The power of testing and how Mark integrates it into patient assessment
- The ability of people to heal themselves
- What has motivated him to write and what his next projects are
- Where Mark sees the value of genetics
- How the convergence of five big trends is shaping the future of healthcare